Let’s get spicy! Homemade salsa competition coming September 2.
August 18th, 2017
The fruits of your landscape are one of the most rewarding benefits to gardening. Being able to pull your home-grown vegetables and fruits inside inspires masterful creations for the kitchen. This time, we want you to bring your masterpieces to us.
Join us for a salsa competition on September 2nd to be entered to win prizes to Fossil Creek Nursery!
All salsa entries must be dropped off to Fossil Creek Nursery by 10 am on Saturday, September 2nd. Category winners will be announced at 11 am. Participants are encouraged to shop around then nursery and be present when judging takes place.
- Each salsa entry must include a full recipe describing all ingredients used
- Only one entry per participant will be judged
- Each participant must bring one pint or two cups of salsa in a sealable container such as a ball or mason jar or Ziploc container
- Each entry must be dated with the date that it was canned
- Entries will be judged with tortilla chips
- Fruit and vegetable salsas will be accepted
- Hottest Hot
- Most Mild
- Uniquely Unusual
- Judge’s Choice
Gift certificates will be awarded to the top category winners and there will be a $75 grand prize for the salsa of choice!
Show us your salsa skills and join us for a competition of locally grown products. We hope to see you and your salsa there!
Fossil Creek Nursery is located at 7029 S. College Ave. | 970-226-4924